Purpose of the role:
As a China MRS marketing team member, this role will assist in developing and scaling our China marketing efforts in line with commercial objectives. The position’s primary focus is to develop and implement marketing plans, supporting Springer Nature non-site license content products & services in, and related to China.
• Develop and maintain engagement of B2B customer segments (Corporate, Government & Academic Institutions) for Client Marketing Services (Display Advertising, Career Services, Custom Publishing, Sponsorship, Conferences) and Researcher Services (Editing Services, Training Services), prioritizing, promoting multiple B2B offerings at every customer touch point, ensuring alignment with the commercial business goals and the brand.
• Grow our user base in China by increasing inbound content marketing plans to maximize outreach to drive traffic to the Nature China website/to scale up social media followings, and lead generation through the website and Nature Research social media platforms.
• Build and maintain Nature Research’s strong presence on China’s social media platforms, positioning Nature Research as a centre of excellence of Chinese social media for wider Springer Nature.
o Stay abreast of technologies that can keep Nature Research at the forefront of developments in the evolving social media marketing landscape in China
o Develop a social media content strategy, monitoring and optimising
o Create and maintain a transparent social media calendar for Nature Research social media platforms in China
o Manage social media activities/initiatives such as cross promotion with social media platforms, exploring monetization options
o Use social media management software to monitor engagement and provide regular reports to the team
• Create and implement multi-tactic marketing campaigns (e.g. emails, social media, banners and etc.) to drive submissions, registrants and usage; Marketing promotion fulfilment of marketing services projects across, Corporate, Careers, and Institutional Partnership sales sold by the China MRS sales team.
• Develop best practice for producing sales arguments and specific sales kits in local language.
• Provide promotion collateral and custom presentations/proposals, and create customer success stories and testimonials as required for various commercial sales and marketing activities.
• Drive conversion to potential sales leads by identifying and participating at local B2B conferences.
• Work with in-house and external translation resources that produce translated content; managing marketing freelancer resources.
• Evaluate, choose and liaise with local service providers/vendors/ local marketing partners.
• Track and analyse marketing efforts to assess effectiveness, report on results providing metrics/data/ROI.
• Analyse markets, market segments, evaluate customer research, market conditions and keep tracking and gathering competitors’ activities and other related marketing intelligence information.
• When required, provide China-focused marketing support to other MRS divisions.
• When required, provide local marketing support for all other division of Springer Nature business.
• A university degree
• Qualification in science is desirable
• Written and Spoken Fluency in Mandarin and English.
• Good oral and written presentation skills in English and Mandarin
• Excellent communication ability and negotiation skills Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignment
• Good copywriting, editing and proofreading abilities
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Enthusiastic and committed, team player •
• At least 3-5 years solid experience in marketing, content marketing techniques preferred